Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sydney - Eastern Suburbs

It's Obvious Why Downtown Clears Out Early
Puffin told me to pay attention to how quickly after work the downtown area shuts down and empties out. On a visit to the eastern suburbs it became clear to me why.

This is the mouth of Watson's Bay - the opening to the harbor.

I took a bus that did a loop from downtown, east along the bay, south along the ocean and then back inland.

The hilly cliff sides give way to numerous bays, offering a variety of views of downtown. This is a neighborhood called Vaucluse.


When the cliffs meet the Pacific the water turns a deeper shade of blue and the winds pick up. This is Bronte beach, one beach south of the famous Bondi.

The other side of Bronte beach.

It seemed that no matter where we went, the city was within view.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Wonder why I didn't see this beautiful part of Sydney :( probably cause I was working and someone was out having fun??

FN said...

@Dodo - yep, you're a working gal! My hero!!