Monday, August 2, 2010

Paris - Cafe Life

My Favorite Sport
Including today, I have three days left in Paris until a month away. I'm planning to spend a lot of my remaining time at cafes, like this one. This is my new favorite on rue de Bretagne, about 3 blocks from my apartment. It has a nice view of the park, serves a great roast chicken with matchstick fries and is close to the newspaper guy so I can grab a copy of the IHT. However, best of all - when you order a cafe creme they deliver it with the coffee and cream in separate cups. The building on the right is the 3rd Arondissement mayoralty building. Each of the 20 arondissements has its own bureaucracy. At least mine does some cool things like set up table tennis tables each evening in the small street to the right of the park. Table tennis is very popular in Paris - who woulda thunk it?

No comments: