Sunday, August 8, 2010

Maldives - Ban on Electronics

So, We Kept it Analog
In an obvious strike back at me, Dodo banned television watching. I'd not let her bring along laptop or cellphone and this was retribution. I thought about arguing, but why bother? Matter of fact, when we arrived and learned there was a library that also had two computers with internet connection, I got worried. I told Khartik right away that Dodo was banned from those computers and I thought I'd have to keep my eye on her. To her credit, she never even tried. I, however, did watch a bit of television from time to time. Mostly, though, when we weren't swimming, eating or sleeping, we spent our time reading.

I finished off a non-fiction book by one of my favorite authors, Haruki Murakami. I then started another book that Dodo lent me. She stayed on her Nordic murder mystery streak. I liked reading while on the reclining day bed on the deck. I think I may get one of those for the condo roof.

No comments: