Sunday, August 15, 2010

Penang - Massage

Chinese Style -No Pain, No Gain
We ordered in 3 masseurs to the hotel. They're very cheap, you can get an hour massage for about $15 US. Since we'd already checked out of one room I got mine outside by the pool. The ladies got theirs in the room, two at a time. I cannot say I'm a fan of Chinese massage - it's so painful, they go after your pressure points and your tender nerve endings. It feels really great once they stop. I look relaxed in the photo but I was on edge, waiting for the next tender spot to be attacked.

I made sure to get a woman, they can only hurt you so much. My masseuse looked like she weighed about 80 pounds but she sure was strong. At times she was on top of me with her knees in my lower back and her elbows in the recesses of my shoulder blades. I could barely breathe it hurt so much. However, as I type this just 30 minutes later, I feel invigorated and relaxed at the same time.

No comments: