Saturday, December 6, 2008

Paris Redux - Day 0

Here We Go Again...
Leaving for Paris today at 6pm for 2 weeks. Back to work on the same project, staying at the same hotel. There are some differences on this trip. First and foremost, no Puffin with me. She went back to Singapore last night. So, nobody to walk around and discover cafes with. Bummer. Another difference - I got a new cool, rolling suitcase. I got it specifically for my nouveau Eurotrash wardrobe: all my new sweaters, my black corduroy blazer and my trove of scarves.

I tell myself that during this trip I am going to really buckle down and study French every day. Towards that end I got myself a new workbook and pocket dictionary. We'll see. I am notoriously well-intentioned but usually derailed by tremendous laziness.

Finally, I got my Slingbox working and ready to go. For those of you who don't know what a Slingbox is, it is a small piece of hardware that you connect to your TV and your home network. You can then watch and control your home TV over the internet. Sorry, but I gotta be able to watch the Giants while I am over there, not to mention House. I have my fingers crossed that my hotel's network is fast enough for it to work well.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Puffin is back in Singapore!!! And... and.. and... Puffin can watch Slingbox from home... :)

I see you brought your determination to learn french to another level.. in addition to your internet class, you now have textbook... cool.. cause I can just hide behind you when I visit you next time.

FN said...

You know it, Slingbox!!!