Thursday, December 11, 2008

Paris Redux - Day 5

Work, Work and More Work
Not much to report other than work. I wake up at 7, leave the hotel at 7:30, get to work at 8:15, work all day, leave work at 6:00, get back to my neighborhood at 7-ish. It's dark whenever I am outside, which is not the best for photos. However, this morning at 8:15, as I got out of the train in La Defense, there were partially clear skys and I snapped off some shots. If you click on this picture, way in the distance you can see the Arc de Triomphe. This shot is looking due east from La Defense towards Paris.

Further along on my walk, I snapped another photo. This is my usual walk to work every morning. Tomorrow I will chronicle my walk from the hotel to the train station in the pitch dark. Should be exciting!

It's Official - The Trains Suck Here!
I've had more train trouble in Paris in the month I've spent here than in 15 years in NY. I thought maybe it was just bad luck but a bunch of Parisians confirmed it this morning when I asked about it. They rolled their eyes and started telling me all manner of bad train stories. One of my French colleagues had to walk this morning because the No 1 line lost electricity (again.) That was the same issue I experienced Monday....

No comments: