Saturday, December 13, 2008

Paris Redux - Day 7

On the Go, With My Navigo Pass
When you get one of these puppies, nothing can stop you.... This is a Navigo Pass, which is like a NY Metrocard. I paid 25 Euros for the weekly version and can ride all the regional trains, metros and buses I want for 7 days. You simply tap it on the electronic reader and go. I also heard you can use it to rent a bicycyle but I haven't tried that yet.

One of my first stops of the day was at this patisserie a few metro stops away, near Republique - you can read all about it here.

Next up, some shopping at the Bon Marche, which is a big department store in the 6th Arondissement. This is a shot of the ground floor, where you can find all manner of food from all around the world. I bought the Puffin some chocolates.

I then took a stroll and came upon this interesting sculpture. It may be hard to discern in the photo but it is made from a variety of small cogs, gears and other industrial implements.

When it started to rain/snow, I realized I didn't have an umbrella with me. Confident in my Navigo Pass, I jumped on the first bus that came by and wouldn't you know it - it was the No. 70 bus which just happens to go to Hotel de Ville, my neighborhood. I rode it back to the hotel to go pick up my umbrella.

What Does 150 Euros Get Ya?
A small but pleasant room with a modern bathroom - wi-fi included. Not too bad, if you ask me. This shot is with my back to the window, 5 feet from the foot of the bed. The bathroom is to the left of the door.

No comments: