Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shutting it All Down

Or the Police Will?
I went by one of my favorite patisseries and wasn't all that surprised to find them closed for the annual vacation. I was kinda confused about the sign though. It seems like it was posted by the police - see the upper left corner. These signs are everywhere now. Ironically, this is high tourist season, they arrive in droves just as everyone else leaves. Seems to me that only the very touristy restaurants in the most touristy areas in Paris don't leave for vacation. We went to the left Bank close to St Germain yesterday afternoon and it was absolutely loaded with tourists. Not so my local neighborhood - quiet and everything that isn't run by the Chinese is locked-up, shut down and not to be re-opened until late August.

No comments: