Saturday, August 8, 2009

Singaporean Alarm Clock

Waking Up The Natural Way
It's early Saturday morning and I awoke to this little cutie banging away on her blocks in the living room. Jean's niece Giselle stayed over last night. It continues a theme from my flight yesterday. I arrived at the airport extra early (to avoid a luggage fiasco) and was immediately asked "would you like to fly tomorrow Sir?" Huh? What you talking bout? "We're overbooked Sir, so would you like to fly tomorrow?" Ummm, negative, I am on vacation - knock someone else off the flight. Turns out, some Australians were returning from vacationing in Paris and were connecting through Singapore. I think every one of them brought a 1 year old. So, back in seat 39H, surrounded by Aussie babies, without the TV working (of course not - it's Air France) I put on my eye covers and my noise-cancelling headphones and counted backwards from 3 trillion (which is 12 hr in seconds, I think.)

2 comments:

Sal said...

What a cute baby. Does this remind you of niece & nephews?

FN said...

Sure does Sal. I think if I hear one more Dora the Explorer on TV I am going to do myself in....

Then you take a look at her cute mug and don't mind more Dora....