Thursday, July 30, 2009

Taking Advantage of the French

To Get More Traveling In...
The French really do disappear for the whole month of August, or at least most of them disappear for most of the month. It's already started. Some of my colleagues are gone and won't reappear for 5 weeks. Officially, the project I'm on goes dark for the two middle weeks of August. So, I'm taking advantage - I am off to Asia to explore with Pingle. First up, to Singapore on August 6th. A few days later, we're off to Hanoi for 4 days. Then, a weekend trip to Melaka, Malaysia (which is a few clicks south of Kuala Lumpur.) Melaka is famed for its food - a cuisine called Peranakan - which is specific to the Chinese who settled in the area. I then have another week in Singapore to do nothing but play golf and relax. (Pingle has to work - wahahahahahahaha.)

4 comments:

Sal said...

Wow! Hanoi? I hear it's beautiful nowadays. Sounds like a nifty Asian trip you have planned. Maybe the French get something right?

FN said...

I hear it's beautiful in Hanoi too! A beautiful cafe society with plenty of lakes, etc.

I may even try to see Ho Chi Minh's grave or something...

Sal said...

Maybe you can determine if there's still any French influence in the culture.

FN said...

I sure hope not Sal, unless they want to stagnate and be passed up by every country in the world....

Ok, to be fair, I hope they have lots of cafes to sit at and sip coffee, other than that, forget French influence!