Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

Doing it Like The Locals (Kinda)
Today we got off to a late start, we slumbered until about 9:30am and then made our way out for some grub. We went to a westernized cafe where I ordered some Pho, which is what many Vietnamese eat for breakfast. It's a beef noodle soup.

You can jazz it up with some of these lovelies. I opted for the chili sauce at the bottom.

It was ok, not spectacular - but then again, Pho is pretty much just ok in all versions I've had. I was expecting it to be different here in Hanoi but it wasn't.

Beengueeno got a Banh My sandwich and first bite in she looked up and said "I miss Hanco's" which is a Vietnamese sandwich shop in Brooklyn. I knew that was not a good sign. I took a bite and agreed. I prefer Hanco too. However, not sure if this was just a bad version or how they taste here in Hanoi. The bread was way too crusty and hard and the bacon inside was tough, very tough.

Of course, I felt better once she got on her Crackberry. Some things never change. Hey, missus, you're on vacation, remember?

The view from the front window was interesting - the traffic symphony was in full voice. I enjoyed watching folks cross the street - I think I could watch that forever.

Pingle took this interesting shot of an old lady as she crossed in front of our window.

No comments: