Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Oldest House in Paris?

Just 30 Feet From My Front Door...
Who woulda thunk it.... apparently I live right next to the oldest house in Paris. I figured it was old whenever I looked at it, I just never imagined it was THE oldest. I've even eaten in the Vietnamese restaurant in the ground floor. I bet the builders never imagined, in the year 1370, that some strange looking people from another part of the world would open up a restaurant to serve a strange soup called Pho 600 years later. There is some debate on the internet whether this house or another a few blocks away on rue Montmorency is the oldest, but what I have realized is that I live in the original, oldest part of Paris.

Check out the old beams. What doesn't show well in the photographs is the way the facade tilts back from the street, more and more each story up.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Can I tell you something funny... I don't really remember seeing this house. Wahahaha...

FN said...

Dodo in the house!!!!!! Ummmm, you walk by it every time you go to the bus stop in the morning. Ummm, there is a Pho restaurant in the bottom where we ate lunch one day......