Friday, August 14, 2009

A Few Words About...

Singapore Airlines
Forever and a day Pingle's been bragging about Singapore Airlines. I finally got to judge for myself - we flew them round-trip from Singapore to Hanoi. I don't want to admit it, but I'm impressed. It was a short-haul flight, just 3.5 hrs, but we were still offered a nice meal. Sorry, correction, we were offered choice of meal - and this was in coach. Each seat has a video screen with hundreds of movies to choose from. Need to fill in your Hanoi arrival form but forgot your pen? Just ask a friendly steward or stewardess and they'll hand over theirs no problem. Pingle demonstrated this just to make this point. She had done the same thing while on Air France and the stewardess said "I don't have one." Then, when pressed, the stewardess suggested we ask around to our fellow passengers. Air France - a lame company from a lamer country. How I loathe the idea of returning there....

No comments: