Saturday, December 19, 2009

Learning the Necessities

It Really Doesn't Take Much
As I've learned in Paris, the most important things to learn when you go somewhere new are words related to greeting and eating. I mainly rely on the Pingles here, but I've picked up a few things such as:

Konichiwa - Hello.
Sayonara - Bye.
Watashi wa - I am (insert your name.)
Eigo menu kudasai - English menu, please. (sometimes they have one, sometimes they don't)
Kore wa hitotset - One of these (as you point to something you want to eat.)
Oishi des ne? - Delicious, isn't it? (Usually, this is what Pingles is asking me while we eat.)
Oishi! - Delicious! (Usually my reply.)
Arigato gozaimas - Thank you very much. (What every store keeper says to you on the way out.)
Kawaii - cute.


Cake-oh - cake
Receipt - oh - receipt
Hot-oh - hot

No comments: