Friday, December 18, 2009

Hit the Ground Running

Tokyo - Day One
My flight out of Paris was delayed due to snow so I landed a few hours late. Pingle was waiting for me with a hand made sign with my name on it, like she was a taxi driver. We didn't arrive at our hotel until 9pm. But that didn't stop us - we just had to squeeze in a few meals quickly. We jumped on the metro a few stops to Shinjuku to eat some Gyoza, which are a form of Japanese dumplings. After that, we walked to Shibuya for some ramen. Pingles was all smiles, she loves Japan. This is a shot inside the ramen shop. Check out the details here.


I was last here in July 2008 but everything seemed familiarly unfamiliar. The metro sign was as perplexing as always. We jumped on the metro on the way back to our hotel and got the "mash-up" treatment. There were so many people squeezed in that I could barely breathe. Pingle was at underarm level, poor thing.

It was a better option than a taxi. Just look at the taxi line - and this is at 1am.

No comments: