Friday, November 7, 2008

Paris - Day 5

Fat People - Holler!
Oh, sorry - there are none in France. How can that be? There are various reasons cited: everyone smokes, the food is better, they walk more, they don't eat fast food, they are simply better than us, etc. Based on my time here, I think it is much simpler: food is very expensive. If you had to pay 8 Euros for a cup of coffee and a croissant, you would be thin too. 8 Euros is about 11 bucks American. Think about that.....

The Headquarters
Last night I had to stop by our headquarters on the Champs Elysees. We are situated smack next to the Arc de Triomphe. Since we are an advertising agency, we had to deface the perfectly nice 300 year old buildings with a new-fangled flashy exterior:

Sneaking Away for the Afternoon
We finished up work for the day at 3pm and I headed back to the center of town to meet the Puffin for coffee. She had meet her at some small place in the 4th that was difficult to find. It is called L'Ebouillante and it is on a small cobbled street next to a large church.

Tarte Citron (lemon tart)

8 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

I disagree with your comments on fast food... MacDonalds is always crowded.. as the advert here goes... "pa da pam pam pam... I'm loving it!" Wahahaha...

FN said...

Dah-duh-dah-dah-dah, I'mmmm hating it!!!

How much is an order of French McFries, Puffin?

Are you admitting to eating McDonalds in Paris? Are you?

Anonymous said...

Ah, oui, now I can post comments. Merci, Josh.

Do you know the people reading TheGrumpyTravels from S. America, etc? Are they your pals? Sal

FN said...

Sal, you should be ashamed - even Dad figured out how to leave a comment without being anonymous...

I don't know any of these people reading, it is just that Puff is a superstar, that's all.

Anonymous said...

Well, I figured it out once. Just couldn't repeat, is all. Sal

Anonymous said...

hi, grumpy Josh

Were having B'fast at the Westcott inst.

Sal said...

it's sal again

Sal said...

peter is helping me with this.