Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Paris - Day 2

The Agony of Actual Work
If you call sitting in meetings all day listening to people drone on, then I actually am doing some work. I got up at 7am, had a leisurely breakfast with the Puffin and then jumped on the Metro, Line 1, at 8:45am heading for La Defense, which is an area west of Paris about 2 miles that looks like a mini-downtown, with tons of skyscrapers. There is one building that looks like a giant hollow rectangle, that lines up with the Champs Elysees. Here is a shot of La Defense looking west from within Paris.

First thing that was surprising is how packed the subways are. I had to let a few go by and once I finally got on one, we were packed in like sardines. Much more so than in NY or even Tokyo. The ride took an hr when it should have taken 20 minutes. I was late - what a way to make an entry!

No comments: