Monday, November 17, 2008

Paris - Day 15

Coolest Subway Station
Puff and I were on the 11 train heading to breakfast this morning when the doors opened at a stop called Arts & Metiers and I caught a glimpse of the inside of a submarine. I know that sounds strange, but that is the fleeting impression I got. On the way back, we got out at the stop to take photos. Judge for yourself.
This is how it looked when I stepped out of the train. The entire stop is clad in brass.
A glance across the tracks. There are giant faux cogs above the tracks and notice the porthole in the wall, at eye level.
A closer inspection of a porthole. There is something inside...
There is a miniature castle inside the porthole. Click on this picture for a closer look.
Turns out, the stop is beneath a museum of the same name. It is an arts and sciences museum called Musee des Arts et Metiers. Check out there site here.

No comments: