Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Paris - Day 10

Getting Euro-Styled on You!
Everyone says that Europeans are so much more stylish than the rest of us. Truth is, all you gotta do is buy a cool bag and a colorful scarf and voila! This is my same old trusty suit, with a $5 scarf from a Brooklyn street vendor and my cool new Italian bag. The key is that the colors in the scarf don't match the suit at all! Put it all together, and you get instant Eurotrash. NICE!
But Can You Talk the Talk?
Well, that is an entirely different story. My French is pretty rudimentary. I can order food in a restaurant, ask basic questions about where things are and understand basic questions being asked of me. For example, I can go down to the hotel front desk and ask for an extra pillow (because some unnamed person needs three pillows, for some reason.) I can watch CSI Miami here and follow the action - but that is mainly because of context. I have not had much trouble with people understanding what I am saying - which must mean that my accent is passable.

No comments: