Sunday, November 16, 2008

Paris - Day 14

It Ain't France Without a Strike...
So, the French pilots went on strike this weekend. They are striking against Sarkozy's plan to change the retirement age from 60 to 65. Our Sunday afternoon flight was cancelled at 10pm last night (Saturday) and rescheduled for Tuesday. I made an effort to call Air France to try to get on another flight, but I got frustrated trying to get through all the automated phone robots. Why fight it? I would want to retire at 60 as well. Besides, my company has to pay for the extension, not me. It would be a whole different story if I had to spend an extra $500-$600 of my own money on hotel and food. I will just "suffer" through another two days in Paris.....
Everyone was on the lookout for the missing pilots.

How About Some Soothing Gelato?

Take a peek at our gelato jaunt a few days back by clicking here.

A Walk Past the Louvre
We took a walk past the Louvre, over the Seine to the left bank for some breakfast. I snapped some shots of the Louvre on my way by.

2 comments:

Dan said...

tough break!!!

FN said...

The best things happen to the lucky.