Monday, February 6, 2017

Tokyo - Mori Art Museum

View Included
The Mori art museum sits on top of a skyscraper in the Roppongi neighborhood on the 50-something floor.  They were exhibiting the work of N.S. Harsh, an artist from Southern India whom neither of us had ever heard of.

One of his works was a large mural of people sitting next to each other.  It covered and entire wall and I spent a few minutes looking at the people up close.



Jean pointed out Batman and Robin, telling me "there they are again."  These two had just been with me in Costa Rica, in the middle of a bull ring, teasing a large bull.  So strange.


One room was full of sewing machines, tied together in a maze of thread.


I often wonder if the only thing separating artists from the rest of us is the audacity to create something like this.  It's ridiculous.


Another room had a painted floor and mirrored ceiling.  You had to take you shoes off to shuffle out onto it.



I cannot say I was totally overwhelmed by the art, however, there was an additional perq.


An observation room with floor to ceiling windows.


This appeared to be much more popular than the museum.






No comments: