Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Singapore - More Condo Updates

Let There NOT Be Light
I'm all for waking up with the sun, but we're on the 17th floor with nothing blocking us.  So we put up "blackout" shades.  They don't black things out totally but it's a good start. 
Ditto the small bedroom.
For the study we went with something lighter.  I first saw this type of shade in Paris.  It's a loop of material that has alternating bars.  Part of it is see through and part isn't.

As you pull it up or down you can line up the bars perfectly to let some light in or you can alternate the bars to block the light completely.  These let in a lot of light but bring the heat down a lot. 
Dodo came up with the idea of putting a cushion along the master bedroom bay windows.  I didn't like the idea so much but I admit now that I see it, it's pretty nice.
It's cushioned enough to sit on and look out the window.

No comments: