Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hong Kong - Causeway Bay

My Girlfriend Can Out-Shop Yours!
The Puffin is a shop-a-holic. So, it was no surprise to me that our hotel was smack-dab in the middle of Causeway Bay, a neighborhood on Victoria Island known for shopping. We went out to dampen her cravings both before and after dinner. Check out the trams in the background, they're as tall and narrow as the street the streets they navigate.

Causeway Bay is a lot like the rest of HK: hot, crowded, noisy, claustrophobic and oh, good for shopping.

It's also a strange mix of the old and the new. Do you see what I'm referring to? The scaffolding is made of bamboo.

We walked around and shopped and ate until dusk and then headed back to the hotel for a long sleep. More tomorrow.

4 comments:

MaCherie said...

If we ever all take a trip together, we can let yours and mine hang out and shop and eat, since they both like to do those. You and I can go do something else-anything else...

FN said...

@Mach - how about we just let those two go on a shopping trip and we go on a fun trip?

MaCherie said...

LOL. Sounds like a plan to me!

FN said...

@Mach - I'm talking like hiking in the jungles in Indonesia or some kind of adventure like that. You know all that survival shit now so I can just sleep in the tent at night while you keep watch with the AK. Know what I'm saying?