Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Things Are Starting to Pop

Sometimes Stuff Works Out as Planned (Not)
I had a wish list for my Parisian life that is slowly coming to fruition. Obviously, I have my own place now, which makes me feel more like a local. Today, I was supposed to begin studying with a French tutor, but she flaked out and canceled. Oh well. At least she emailed me back - I have emailed no fewer than 6 tutors who were advertising their services and only one responded! Is there a recession or not?

Moving on, I was walking down my block recently when I noticed that an unmarked door that is usually closed, was wide open. I peeked inside and realized that it is some kind of MahJong parlor. Do I dare trying play Mahojng with a bunch of recent Chinese arrivals? I mean, hey, the French tutors don't want my money, may as well contribute to the émigrants chinois.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Maybe the tutor decided to go on strike???