Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paris Imaginings

Gotta Fight the Rut
I am already getting into a boring rut in Paris of getting up early, going to work, going straight back to my hotel after work, rinse, repeat. I have to fight that urge. I should take advantage of my time here to learn some French. I have to get out there and explore. As I stare out of the window at work at a rare blue sky I feel invigorated. I imagine myself getting a French tutor, finding a local Mahjong game, making friends, playing poker at the famous Aviation Club on the Champs Elysees, eating wonderful meals and living a fuller Parisian life. I also imagine feeling tired after work today and going straight to my hotel. Really not much different than my NY life, I guess. I wonder which will win out.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Babe.. don't forget you promised to go have hand-spun noodles for dinner tonight. The noodles that you prefer is called zha jiang noodles (mixed sauce).

Looking forward to a blog on pufflist?? Hehe....

FN said...

I tried to go have hand-spun noodles but got dragged into a work event!! Argggg....