Monday, January 5, 2009

Singapore - Day 9

Downtown, Where the Tall Buildings Live
Continuing from yesterday's post, I followed the Singapore river all the way to the ocean to take in the skyscrapers. I started about a mile in and took some shots along the way.

Once again, as you can see, the rainy season was in full effect. Ok, to be fair, it did actually rain yesterday afternoon for about an hour.
I fell in love with the buildings called "The Esplanade" - two spacey jackfruit-shaped pods that house an arts complex.

I took shots from various angles.


Finally, the mother-shot: downtown, ground zero. In the foreground is the Merlion - which I will explain in a later post.

Across the bay, the buildings continue going up. Is there really a recession?
It Wouldn't Be Singapore Without Good Food
Check out the latest here.

2 comments:

Sal said...

Maybe you could, like Paul Theroux, get a gig as a travel/food writer. I'd buy the books, for sure.

FN said...

Mom, if only the world thought as you do - I could live a good life!