Sunday, January 11, 2009

From the 1st to the 3rd World

Yep, I am Saying Paris is 3rd World
I flew from Singapore to Paris on Air France. My seat was broken, the stewardess had to kick it to fix it. After our 14 hr flight, we waited an additional 2 hrs for our luggage due to a "technical problem." It would have been more palatable to be told there was a baggage handler strike. No problem, when I finally arrived at the hotel I've been staying in for two months, they had no record of my reservation. None, zip, nada. Sure, I'll wait in the lounge for seven hours for a more expensive room to become available. There was one guy working the lounge, he glanced over at me lazily and never approached me to offer a menu or a coffee. It was so cold in the lounge, I could almost see my breath as I wasted time trying to connect to the broken wifi. I guess the Russia-Ukraine battle over gas supplies has rippled to the city of darkness.

2 comments:

Sal said...

I was hoping the natural gas shortage had spared France. Guess not. Pity.

FN said...

It has - I was just exaggerating for effect. I think France mainly uses nuclear power.