Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taiwan - the Joys of Hair Washing

So Cheap Too
What makes certain things more or less expensive in one place compared to another?  I don't get it sometimes.  Take hair-washing, for example.  In Taipei, a busting metropolis, you can get a good wash for about $6.  Not any old wash and dry, you get a nice 15 minute neck rub, a cup of tea and a scalp scratch to go along with it.  It's what you'd pay for a lukewarm, watered-down latte in Singapore and don't even think of getting your hair washed cheaply in Singapore.
Dodo went about three times, I think.  I went once with her and man, it was good.  In these shots she's getting a cut as well.  My only complaint - they charge men more.  No idea what that's about but my guess is you cannot up-sell to a man. The $6 price tag is to get you to in and convinved you need a lot more help (ie: products.)  Sadly, they could have told me I had scalp cancer and I'd still ask how much for the "cure" - it's damned hard to separate the kid from his duckets.

No comments: