Thursday, January 20, 2011

Paris - Lucky Streak

Arriving Late has its Charms?
"Thanks goodness I checked in online" I thought to myself when my cab was 10 minutes late, then 15, then 30.  By the time I got to the airport there was only an hour to spare.  I practiced my French at the check-in counter and as usual didin't understand exactly what was being said.  When they handed over my ticket I didn't have time to complain about the change of seat.  What was printed on the ticket wasn't 11D - I'd memorized my checked-in seat to prevent exactly this type of nonsense.  When I got on the plane, I realized what happened.....
I got bumped up from business to first class!!!  WOO HOO.  Of the 300 seats on the plane, only four of us would be traveling in luxury.  I settled in quickly, trying on the slippers as the less fortunate filed past.  "Move along, move along, nothing to see here" I fantasized saying.  However, my mouth was full of champagne and snacks.
What's the difference between first and business?  First of all, you get a fully flat seat-bed to snooze in.  You also get all kinds of gifts.  What could this little bag be?

Well, it's the pajamas of course!  You wouldn't have me wrinkle my clothes as I sleep, would you?
The grub is a cut above too.  I had a steak with a slab of pan-fried foie gras on top, potatoes and mushrooms on the side.  The kid could get used to this! 

No comments: