Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taiwan - Goodbye

Streetscapes and Random Final Thoughts
This was a very interesting trip made 100 times more valuable by having a local guide to take us to places we never would've gone to.

I was immersed more in Mandarin than I've ever been and I learned a few things as a result.  It's definitely an easier spoken language than written.

There are more 7-11's than any place on earth, I bet.  It seemed like there was one on every block.

When you got to the mall to buy jeans, all the lengths are 34, no variation.  However, they'll hem em for you in 30 minutes, using the right stitching.  Loved that.

In a perverse irony, the garbage trucks play ice cream jingles.  Every time I heard one, I had to remember not to go running outside with coins in hand.

If I hadn't gotten out to the countryside I would've called this the ugliest place on earth.  I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Goodbye Taiwan, I found a lot of things to love.  I will see you again one day.

No comments: