Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paris - Braving the Elements

At Least this City Has One Thing Going for It...
Paris on Sunday is like a funeral.  Everything is closed up.  So damned boring.  However, it is a photogenic place so now that I am using a tripod I can go places and try new styles of photos.  Let's call this one the "cliched water reflection shot in Canal St Martin."  I think everyone who comes to Paris takes this exact shot but I wanted to see if I could do it.  There is a fisherman on the right, believe it or not.
When I first arrived I got the jump on the photo sniper on the other bridge.

2 comments:

Sal said...

What a lovely scene. I heard Paris had some snow this week. Most of w. europe is having snow, eh?

FN said...

@Sal - thanks, yep we had a bit of snow but nothing that would even make you blink.