Friday, December 17, 2010

Melbourne - Checking in from the Bottom of the World

Working and Planning
I took an overnight 7-hr flight to Melbourne, arriving around 10am local time, 7am body time.  Our hotel is perched on the southern banks of the Yarra river, across from the Central Business District.  Today's my last day of work so I spent most of it in the hotel on the computer.  I did, however, sneak out at lunch to get a bite and snap off a few shots.
It's early summer here with temps peaking in the lower 70's.  The sky is a beautiful light blue with scattered cumulus.  I took a walk along the river's promenade and people watched.  I then returned to the hotel to continue working and doing some research.  I have a list of cool neighborhoods, parks, markets, etc for us to visit starting tomorrow morning.  We're 16 hrs ahead of NY, 10 ahead of Paris - which makes tonight's series of conference calls all the more daunting - they're bound to last until 2-3am local time.  I'm not fazed - it's the last set for two weeks.  Dodo is flying from Sydney as I type this, she should be here shortly.

No comments: