Monday, December 20, 2010

Melbourne - the Deal

Horse Trading for Photo Ops
By the time Monday afternoon rolled around I was pretty beat.  The weather was a lot cooler than it should've been for the time of year - high 50's to low 60's with a chilly wind.  I hadn't packed correctly so I was a bit tired of being cold.  When Dodo asked me for the fifth time "Do you want to go to Federation Square?" I began to understand that she really wanted to go.  I don't exactly have a high EQ and I really didn't want to go but I thought about a nice trade-off....  "I'll go if you let me take photos of you jumping in the air" I said.  I never thought she'd go through with it.
Come on, you can do better than that - your feet barely left the ground.
Ok, better, much better. But why do you have your hands in your pockets? Take a big jump like you mean it!
Wow! Cool! Now I'm sure - the camera can catch fast action shots!
Federation square is a huge public space that is across the street from one of the main train stations and tucked between museums. It's the defacto hangout area for people-watching. We watched a brass band for a while and tried to ignore a magician who was talking about talking about juggling fiery bowling ball pins but wasn't in a hurry to get the act going.

No comments: