Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Working on the Game....

Paris Style.....
After work today I went to hit some golf balls at the range. Cool thing is, this range is in the middle of a turf horse track. You have to walk cross the track into the center to reach the range. I stopped half-way across the track and took a shot looking up the home stretch. That is a hedge running across the track and lemme tell ya, it is eye-level - really high. I cannot imagine being on a horse going 40 miles an hr and going over that hedge.

Here is a similar shot but from the inside rail. On the inner portion of the track there is a water hazard right beneath the hedge - even scarier.

Here's a shot looking at the stands from inside the track. Just to the left of where I am standing is the range.

The range itself is pretty good. There are two hitting stalls on either side of this field. There is also a small area where you can work on your short game. This place will be my saving grace - I plan to go 2-3 times a week. It was funny to watch Parisians hitting golf balls. Almost all of them were over-dressed, fancy-style, as they seem to always do. Many of them were in suits, probably came straight from work, jacket off, tie off, swinging away in their dress shirts.

Here's a shot of the track from above. If you look in the lower part of the track you can see a small oval field - which is the range. The track is part of a large park on the west side of Paris called the Bois de Bolougne. Roland Garros is about 200 yards away and since the French Open is going on right now, the crowds were pretty thick coming out of the subway.

6 comments:

Sal said...

Did you bring your own clubs on this trip?

FN said...

You better believe I did Sal. Actually, Puffin took them from NY to Singapore and I then used them in Singapore and brought them to NY.

"Trip" is not exactly the word. I am spending 6 of every 8 weeks here for the next year.....

The Puff Speaks... said...

Babe.. correction...you brought them from Singapore to Paris. You probably miss NY too much already.

Did you tell Che abt this? I hope he is practicing.... or you will be whipping him the next time you head back.

FN said...

Oops, yeah Sal, I brought them from Singapore to Paris. I have my clubs with me and I go to the range as often as I can.

I invited Che to the blog to check it out himself but he's kinda e-challenged.....

Sal said...

So when there's a horse race, I suppose there's no golf. How can the golfers know not to show up??

FN said...

Sal, you gotta know when there is a horse race. Of course, the golf website doesn't bother to tell you when that is (even though that would be easy.)

So, I found the website to the track and check to make sure there are no races. This track doesn't appear to be used too often.