Friday, June 4, 2010

Singapore - Tennis Anyone?

Sports Stud, Part II
After giving out a ping pong flogging to MC, it was now time do the same to Ying Ying in tennis. Pingle rented a court for an hour for the ridiculously low sum of $4. When I saw how nice the court was I was surprised, I expected much less for the money. It was a single court with lights next to a mosque in a part of Singapore easily reached by the brand new Central subway line. I was already totally soaked in sweat just walking to the court: it was about 85 degrees and 2 million percent humidity. "This is insane" I thought to myself. Who plays tennis in such heat?

Ying Ying brought along a racket for me and wore a pretty tennis dress. She certainly looked the part. We hit the ball back and forth a bit and Pingle came out and hit a few shots as well. She is a better tennis player than she is a ping pong player. It was a nice time.

8 comments:

Dan said...

so what happened? Did you play a game and if so who won?

FN said...

@Dad - I won 6-0 but felt a bit guilty about being so unfriendly about it. Sometimes my competitive personality gets the best of my.

Sal said...

Aha! I see an area for character improvement here...

FN said...

@Sal - if you say so. Improvement is in the eye of the beholder.

Dan said...

gets the best of your what?

FN said...

@Pops - "gets the best of me." That "my" should have been a "me."

MaCherie said...

No character improvement needed. Ying Ying just needs to step up her game! lol

FN said...

@Mach - I agree, STEP IT UP!