Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hong Kong - Random Shots

and Random Thoughts
I had a few remaining shots on the camera from Hong Kong so I figured I'd post em for posterity. This shot is from Kowloon, which is across the bay from the famed tall buildings of Hong Kong island. It has a nice park aptly named Kowloon Park. The trees on the western wall of the park practically reach out and touch the buildings on the other side of the street.

Back on Hong Kong island - this is a shot of Stanley St near Central. We were on our way to a famous "dai pai dong", which is a type of street food stall where the food is usually cooked over charcoal. The phrase translates literally into "big license stall", a reference to those few lucky stalls that have been granted a license to serve food this way. There are only 28 of these left in all of HK and 4 of them are right next to each other at the end of Stanley St. I visited two. The write-ups are here and here.

Cannot get enough of the bamboo scaffolding. I'm dumbfounded by this - some of the bamboo are 30 feet long and obviously very strong. It makes me want to visit a bamboo forest.

No comments: