Monday, October 19, 2009

Houston, We Have Liftoff....

I Got an End Date, Kinda-Sorta
In mid-January I will be travelling much less to Paris. I negotiated my way out using an "aging parents" story. See, both of you are getting old and forgetful and crazy in your old age, so I need to be back in NY to assist you. Worked like a charm. I will continue to work on the project, just from NY rather than from Paris. I did tell them I would come over for a few weeks every couple of months (just to build up frequent flyer miles, of course.)

If there is a Hell, I will be going straight there some day. Best part about it? I had my boss call them and use the story (by the way, he's in on it - the story, that is.)

6 comments:

Sal said...

Glad to be of service, I think. But "a few weeks every couple of months" sounds like what you're doing now. I guess I am getting confused in my dotage....

FN said...

Ummm no Sal, the way it works now is I get to go HOME a few weeks every couple of months....

Dan said...

Second time I've been used in a BS story. I expect some remuneration.

FN said...

What second time? What was the first time?

Dan said...

When you allegedly spent your year off helping me with accounting at the nursery.

FN said...

Oh yeah!! That was a good one too. I would give that one a B+. This current one I would give an A. It was crafted slowly over time and nurtured. And the best part - it was anti-French, the know-it-all geniuses on the planet.