Saturday, July 2, 2011

Becoming a Chauffeur - Part 2

Why Do Passports Only Last Ten Years?
A quick glance at the passport and shit, it's about to expire!  Matter of fact, I need a renewed one just to be able to go to the DMV to take the learner's permit test.  With only a week to go before the test, I decided to use an "expedited" service.  I chose a private company from the internet and read up on the steps.  First, fill out their internal forms.  Second, get two passport photos.  Third, make out a money order to them.  Fourth, fill out the passport forms.  Fifth, prove that I have an international flight within two weeks.  Sixth, package it all up, Fedex it to them and pray.  They promised to have a new one back to me within 4 business days and surprisingly, that's exactly what happened.  A brand-new, microchip-embedded passport arrived exactly 4 days later.  Damned good service, though expensive.  Cost three hundred bucks - but I passed that along to company by way of my expense report. 

No comments: