Monday, July 6, 2009

If It Weren't for Bad Luck...

I Wouldn't Have Any Luck at All
Crazy week last week luck-wise. It all started with the flight out of Paris into NY. We were cruising along, no problems when all of a sudden, as we were making our descent into Kennedy, we took a hard right-hand turn. Turns out there were severe thunderstorms and we had to take a side-trip to Boston and wait on the ground for 3 hrs before making our way into NY. An 8 hr trip turned into 16. Then, today we landed in Paris and our luggage didn't. It will be delivered later today, supposedly. To top it all off - I went to use my ATM card at my local ATM in Paris and the machine ate my card. I had to call Citibank and answer 22 security questions to get another one mailed to me....

3 comments:

Sal said...

Once bad things begin happening, they just seem to keep happening, don't they? Just what you needed to make your stay in Paris as enjoyable as possible, eh?

The Puff Speaks... said...

Obviously missed out all the good things... like Hied's hotdog, Sal's home-made chocolate cup cakes, homemade cheeseburgers, fish sandwich and slamming diner breakfasts with Sal!!! And to top it off... someone got to play 2 rounds of golf too!!!

And there's more.. plane took off on time from Syracuse, landed on time in JFK. This should be HUGE given it's JFK!

Yes, there's more.. Tiger won!

Your sure you meant bad luck and not good luck???

FN said...

Yeah, well, I bet if your luggage had stayed lost you would be singing a whole different tune....