Monday, June 8, 2009

Forest Golf

No Better Way to Spend a Sunday
My co-worker Laurent is a golfer. He invited me out with his buddies to play at a course about 25 miles south of Paris. I took the train to his apartment and then we drove to the course. Along the way we got a bit lost so we arrived just in time to change our shoes and run to the first tee. The course is literally carved out of a forest - it was super-duper tight. It was also hilly, many shots to the green were uphill. Here is a shot of the guys: Tomas is swinging, Bruno is in the foreground, followed by Laurent and Cyril.

Just about every tee looked like this. You had to hit out into the unknown, trees packed along each side of the fairway. Laurent's buddies were fun. You could tell they like to tease each other and talk a lot of crap. I also got the sense that they wanted to beat the "American." Bruno is pretty good - we battled to a tie on many of the holes.

Look how narrow this tee shot is. Che, it's even narrower and tougher than the forest course in the Cuse, remember that one? We walked - apparently it's very rare to drive a cart in Paris. The pace was good, there was almost nobody there. I played kinda up and down and finished with a 90. I didn't care - I was so thankful to be out there. This should make me smile the whole week..... (I think.)

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Hey babe, cheer up @ your meeting! You just had a good game of golf in Paris... perhaps there's more to come!

FN said...

Pingle, I hoped a round of golf would cheer me for the whole week. One crappy Monday later and I am ready to set this place on fire and catch a plane outta here.

The project I am on SUCKS. There is no two ways about it. Oh well, at least I have my health....