Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Marché des Enfants Rouges

A Walk Around the Local Market
I am very lucky to live where I do in Paris - in the 3rd, near a lot of good food, markets and subway stops. One of my newly favorite places to go is the Marché des Enfants Rouges. It's only a 5 minute walk away from my apartment and is a covered market with many small grocers, restaurants and food stalls. It is supposedly the oldest covered market in Paris, originating in the early 1600's.

You enter from rue Bretagne through a small gate - take a look over my shoulder as I walk it:

Ping-Ping went to the Japanese restaurant shown near the end of the video the last time she was here and enjoyed it a lot. A few days back I bought some baguettes here and took em home to slather them in butter and jam.

No comments: