Monday, February 16, 2009

Not the Paris You'd Expect

Hockey at Hotel de Ville
There's a skating rink next to Hotel de Ville for the winter. I went to check it out and found an ice hockey game in full bloom. Not a pro game or anything - some kind of youth league. I am guessing the kids were in the 8-12 age range, but I'm not sure. As is typical at that age, they weren't spread out at all - the whole lot of them crowded the puck.

There was some good checking going on though. They came my way full blast, causing me to jump back as a pile of them crashed into the wall. Click on this photo and check out the kid on the right - he is swimming inside a jersey that is way too big for him.

This is more of a scene I would expect to see in Paris, I guess. This is a shot from the Luxembourg Gardens from the fall.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Why is the sky in the first photo different from the one in the second photo? I like the first photo better.....

Okok, I know, I should focus on the kids in the rink and not on the sky =P

FN said...

Wow, we sure do think alike. While I was snapping photos of the kids when they were near me I was pissed off that the sun had ducked behind some clouds....