Thursday, March 10, 2016

London - Catching Up

With Old Friends
I worked with this dude for three horrible years in Paris.  Wayne, my counterpart from London, made the weekly trip to Paris and without him I might not have made it.  He always had a way to make me laugh and lighten up.  He retired a few months back and we caught up in a pub near Covent Gardens. It was great to see him.


My friend Ming from Paris was in town with her kids on holiday.  Totally random and amazing - they were staying ten minutes from me by foot.  We caught up for dinner at a burger place.  Ming is from San Francisco but has lived in Paris for 20 years.  Her kids were born and raised there.  As much as she tries to Americanize them, it ain't working.  Manon, her daughter, refused to speak English, sticking to French and protesting by yelling "Greve, greve, greve" which means "strike" in French.  I looked over at Ming and gave it to her cold.  "You got Frenchy kids, deal with it."

Her son Enzo was more willing to speak English.  He's more amenable in every way.

No comments: