Saturday, March 17, 2012

Milan - Italian Allergies

Spring Comes Early in Milan
It hit me the moment we landed, I felt the subtle shift inside my cranium.  Within an hour I had a full blown sinus flareup and skipped dinner so I could sleep.  The next morning I saw why.  Everything was flowering.
I walked around until I found a pharmacy.  I stepped in and asked the lady behind the counter "parli inglese?"  She held up a finger and disappeared outside.  I heard her tell someone that I was inside.  Five minutes passed, ten minutes.  Nobody entered.  I was standing there alone.  Finally, after fifteen minutes a man walked in and asked me "Can I help you?" in perfect English.  I recognized him, I'd passed him on the street on the walk over.  He had been taking his cigarette break and took his sweet time, even after he'd been told I was there.  Welcome to Italy.  I was in so much pain that I didn't complain.  An hour after I took a few of these, I was feeling mighty good.

No comments: