Saturday, March 17, 2012

Milan - Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

Not Your Average Mall
This is supposedly one of the first - two intersecting streets covered with a cast iron and glass roof.  It is truly gob-stopping.  When you walk in you immediately freeze in place and stare upwards.
The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele is right next to the Duomo, connecting it to Milan's other famous building - La Scala.  I spent about a half hour walking within, staring in awe at the handiwork.


I wasn't alone, obviously.  Everyone was looking up and snapping shots.  This group of Chinese parked themselves outside McDonalds and snapped away.

If there had been an opera scheduled, I would've gone.  This is La Scala, the famous opera house.  I'm no opera fan but I would've liked to try out the famed acoustics.

No comments: