Friday, February 10, 2012

Berlin - The Eagle Has Landed

K-Pop is Taking Over
An annoying bunch of Korean teenaged boys sat behind me on the short flight from Paris to Berlin.  They giggled and laughed and fondled their mobiles. I couldn't wait to get off the plane.  I was the first one down the stairs and as I jumped on the waiting bus I watched them board.  They were so prettified, with their blond streaked hair and tight jeans.  When I bounded off the bus into the terminal there was a crowd of teenaged Asian girls waiting.  The bulbs started to flash.  I then realized I'd been traveling with a famous Korean boy band, B2ST.
The taxi ride to the hotel was a quick ten minutes.  I'm staying just south of the Tiergarten, the giant park with the iconic statue.  I will get some photos of that tomorrow.  I dropped my bags and asked myself "what would Dodo do?"  I turned right around and went searching for dinner outside in the freezing cold.  I paused in the lobby to soak it in.  The hotel is one of those artsy boutique ones.  Aren't they all these days?
I found a place called Cafe Einstein about a half mile away.  I had a nice dinner and a large beer and cursed myself for not bringing gloves as I walked around taking photos.

No comments: