Friday, June 24, 2011

Brooklyn - the Master Plan, Part III

The Belgian Boss in NY
The Belgian Boss was in NY this week so Lou and I cornered him in a meeting and asked him to clarify his position on my moving to Singapore.  We explained that all three of us knew I was moving but wanted to know if he'd communicated upwards.  The Belgian's boss is a jerk whose shit list I'm high up on for some reason.  He promised to talk to the boss this week.  I reiterated my desire to travel about 1/3 of the time rather than 1/2, but he held firm.  The week went by and I never heard back.  So, with two weeks to go, still no answer.  One thing was clarified, however.  Long term, to work on this project, I'd have to move to Paris.  I said I never would so the Belgian said "we'll make an exception for you - you only need to be there 50% of the time."  Asshole.

2 comments:

Sal said...

Bosses! They go to special schools for this, I think. So much change: how do you do it?

FN said...

@Sal - here's the real deal: the Belgian needs me for another year or two, after that I'm expendable. I know it and I know he knows it. So, let the high-stakes poker begin! I really hope I can find a job in Singapore with some travel around Asia built in. Then I can tell this lame French company to "baise mon cul."