Monday, February 15, 2010

The Gangs of Singapore

They're Taking Over
I stared at this sign....dumbfounded. I couldn't even comprehend it after they explained it to me. Can you imagine telling high school kids in the US that they're not allowed to study? In Singapore, studying had gotten out of control. Gangs of kids were hogging cafe tables, hunkered over stacks of books. So much so that establishments started posting "No Studying" placards. Thankfully the counter-measures have had the desired effect, putting order back into the universe. Folks like me are once again free to sip coffee mindlessly, studying nothing but the backs of our eyelids from time to time.

2 comments:

Sal said...

This is amazing! I can't imagine this problem anywhere in the US.

FN said...

Me neither Sal. Good thing I'm not in High School in Singapore - too much pressure!