Friday, December 16, 2011

Singapore - Here I Come

Things Are Shaping Up Nicely
I leave for Singapore at midnight tonight.  By Saturday at 6pm, I will be moving into the condo.  Dodo has been working on the condo, which we've renamed the "Tokyo Tower" or "TT" for short.  She has turned on the gas, as you can see below.  Water is on, electricity is on, internet is on.  Fridge is on and cooling, washing machine is ready.
This is Dodo's cousin, Sijia.  She's been helping us by letting in the delivery men, etc.  The mahjong table is bought, they sat at it and tested out the coffee cups and coffee machine.

Dodo has even set up the vacuum cleaner robot.  It hums around and sucks up the dirt.

4 comments:

Sal said...

I wonder if the cats would freak out if I had one of those things. I'll be interested to find out how effective you think they are.

FN said...

@Sal - the cats sure would freak out. It's noisy and bullyish, if it bumps into your shoe, it would push it out of the way. I just set it up and watched it today - works really well. I have it scheduled to come off it's base at noon every day - it does a complete sweep of the whole condo then goes back onto its base to recharge. After a one hour sweep today I emptied out a pretty hefty chunk of dust, dirt, hair and lint from it. It's smart enough to know not to drive off a ledge and it also knows to turn off the sweeper if it finds itself choking on something - it then reverses off.

Sal said...

Do you think it would do anything worthwhile on carpet?

FN said...

@Sal - yes, I do. It's designed to work on all type of floors and carpets. However, I don't think it would do so well on shag....