Friday, December 23, 2011

Singapore - Getting Around

The Free-Mobile
It's totally free, we pay nothing.  Jean's company pays the car note and the C.O.E. They also pay for the gas, tolls and parking  I've been driving all over, sometimes taking Jean to work in the morning.  It's pretty schwanks - the lights come on automatically when the car senses darkness.  The windshield wipers activate when it begins to rain.  There are so many buttons inside - I don't know what half of them do.  The only issue - it's a big car, feels like you are a captain steering a ship.
I have a confession, however.  When I'm driving around I feel like a rich douchebag.  I've got such a middle class mentality stamped into my brain that I don't like how I feel while I'm in it.  It's all inside my brain, this is a pretty regular car around these parts.  There are probably more luxury vehicles per capita than anywhere else in the world, with the possible exception of some countries in the middle east.


1 comment:

Sal said...

Wonder how long your middle-class discomfort will last....